Monday, June 23, 2008

Thank You Uncle Sam!

Since the beginning of time, or since Evan's birth, I always wanted the boys to have bunk beds. Well, when it came down to purchase time I began to have second thoughts. One being, we are going to have big boys. How do I know this? Well, Jackson is in a size 8 and he just finished Kindergarten, and he wears a size 4 1/2 shoe. He's a big boy. So I was afraid the bed might collapse or teeter just a bit under the gigantor jr.'s pressure.

So with the help of the IRS Stimulus check we got the boys new beds. This is a big deal at our house, we never purchase furniture. We usually get furniture from other family members.

So here's the boys room.


It also has these great captain's storage units under each bed. Jackson thought it would be a great place to store his toys, I had to change that plan of course. But there is a shelf for books and what-nots that I said was all his.


So far nobody has hit the floor, that I know of. I'm waiting for the day when they figure out they can jump from one bed to the other.


We've also started potty training with Evan...ugh! It's going pretty good. He calls his underwear "panties" which Keith can't stand. I just had to share this picture...there's nothing cuter than this. I just want to squeeze those little hunkies!



6 comments:

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

How cute is that! I just love their beds! Their room is very cute. :) GOod luck with the potty training. I am sure it will be a breeze. You are probably a pro at it by now. :)

GLad you had a fun vacation!

Laura said...

Ugh!! Potty training!!! I am SO glad those days are over! Hopefully your little one will just breeze right through it. I've never seen "panties" like those before (with pictures on the back).

I love the beds! Their room is adorable!!

Leigh Ann said...

Their room looks great. I really like the comforters. Where did you find those? I've been thinking about potty training already. Ella Grace told me today, at 20 months, she was "wet." I think if she can tell me, she's ready! We'll see. I'll pray for both of us!

Unknown said...

i love those beds! the storage part is a great feature. good luck with the potty training! i was cracking up at the "panties" :)

its friday! be sure to swing by this weekend before monday morning and enter to win the giveaway! if you post The Pink Potpourri on you blog, you can enter twice!

i enjoy your posts!

lorieannbell said...

love the beds--love the hunkies more!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the room, doesn't it feel great to have a room done! H