Monday, June 16, 2008

OH GOD... I CAN STILL SMELL IT!!!

The other night, or shall I say morning (2:30am) to be exact. I was awakened by a horrific smell. One that as a parent, you know is accompanied by some type of bodily function. Problem was, there were no kids in the bed. My first thought was Keith had pooped his pants. Then as I fully awakened I realized it wasn't him, it must be one of my furry children, oh joy.
I catapulted out of bed and see Lucy hovered in the shadows...oh the smell...I'm thinking it's a major explosion. I can't find it. So I turn on the bathroom light to try and shed some light on the situation, at which point Keith roles over and says, "did you fart." Okay, first my farts don't stink ; ) and when they do they smell like sweet roses. "No, Lucy's sick," at which point he jumps out of bed and runs full force into the wall of stench...."oh God" and he runs to the bathroom. When Keith returns, see if you can picture this, he has taken a white t-shirt and tied it around his face. He looks like a terrorist of some sorts, with boxer shorts on, real threatening.
I've located the source of the smell, Lucy has vomited in her bed. Praise the Lord it wasn't on the carpet. We decided to just chunk the bed, neither one of us want to tackle the job of cleaning it. I'm holding the trash bag and "Mohammad" is going to pick up the bed and very carefully put it into the trash bag....except he can't...he keeps gagging, saying, "OH GOD I CAN STILL SMELL IT" Like the homemade gas mask is supposed to stop the smell. Now I can't stop laughing, we are about to have another accident. We finally got things cleaned up, Lucy spent the night in the laundry room, poor goose. I still catch myself laughing out loud. I wish I could have gotten a pic, it was priceless. PRICELESS!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, my goodness! This was HILARIOUS!!! I was totally laughing out loud!!

Anonymous said...

That is priceless! I was also laughing out loud, I can so see you and Keith running around the room. Next time, please keep your camera close, b/c I really want to see a picture of the gas mask!

Laura said...

P.S. I should have never laughed at this!!! Last night I was the one cleaning up vomit!!! My little girl must have eaten something that didn't agree with her.

Leigh Ann said...

hilarious!

Unknown said...

hi! i stumbled on your blog through pioneer woman. i just read your story, and i can't stop laughing! i had to read it to my coworker too :) that is hilarious! thanks for sharing and have a great day!

ps...i have giveaways every friday on my blog, so swing by and enter if you'd like!

Anonymous said...

Y'all are going to totally be smelling that forever now! Yuck! Have you bought Lysol in bulk yet?

Looks like y'all had a great trip to Branson. Nice to see a pic of your brother! Haven't seen him in ages.

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Becca

CG said...

OMG! This is hilarious! You tell a good story b/c I could picture it the whole time. If you only had that picture of Keith as a terrorist. Maybe he could reinact it and you could take a pic.

lorieannbell said...

Rachel---I thought I was going to wet myself because I was laughing so hard at this. I can't wait to let Stephen read this--he needs to see this side of his friend!!